Day 6 – June 15, 2019
Wood Badge Messages
Living the Values
* Effective leaders create a compelling vision
* Your ticket will help you turn your personal vision into reality.
Bringing the Vision to Life
* We can all improve our ability to listen.
* Listening is a key element in communicating, learning, and leadership.
* Feedback is a gift.
* Communication is essential to effective leadership and high performance teams.
* Small things have big consequences.
* We are stronger when we make diversity work for us.
Models for Success
* The job of the leader is to move the team through the stages of development to become an empowered high performance team.
Tools of the Trade
* Before starting a project, establish goals and agree on an approach.
* Change is inevitable, but leading change can make it a positive experience.
* High performance teams quickly resolve conflict.
* When teams use an effective approach to problem solving, they can move more quickly toward high performance.
* Self-assessment is important to realize your full potential as a leader.
Leading to Make a Difference
* Make the most of opportunities and challenges.
* Values, vision and mission can change the world.
* The choice of how you will lead to make a difference in Scouting is up to you
A beaver’s family is called a colony and beavers are the only animal, other than humans, that changes its environment to suit its needs. Beavers make a difference!
Today got off to a little bit of a rough start for The Bears, because the alarm in one of our tents didn’t go off and two members were late to breakfast. After that though, things got back on the right track, and everything has gone great since then! The presentations were entertaining and didn’t drag on, and the conservation project was enjoyed by all! Soon enough we’ll be rafting, which is a very exciting prospect. See ya after that!
Join the WB@SBR2 Facebook group at:
Thank you for participating in Ask a Scout Anyways. We loved having on our show. Please use the link given to access more information regarding diversity within your program.